Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Beaumont today at 409-212-1977 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
When Water Damage Strikes
SERVPRO of Beaumont/Orange/Nederland/Lumberton can explain the steps needed to take in the event of a water loss.
The first 24 hours following a water loss are the most important in preventing secondary or permanent damage. Within four hours of receiving a loss notification, SERVPRO of Beaumont/Orange/Nederland/Lumberton will be on site to help ensure a water damage is handled by completing the following steps.
SERVPRO professionals will inspect affected areas to determine the extent of water damage and will review the inspection with you to answer any questions before beginning the work.
Our SERVPRO professionals will take steps to help protect your home or business, as well as personal property and other contents, from further damage by extracting the excess water and preparing the area for drying. They will explain the needed emergency services to you step-by-step.
To help ensure your home or business and belongings are dried to appropriate industry standards, one of our SERVPRO professionals will monitor the drying process. The updates will be consistently communicated with you.
The SERVPRO of Beaumont/Orange/Nederland/Lumberton can repair structural materials, reinstall carpets, and clean affected areas of your property and contents. A final walk-through of the jobsite will be conducted with you to help ensure the property was returned to its preloss condition.
It is important to learn the types of disasters or emergencies that may likely occur in our area. These events can range from affecting only you and your family, like a home fire or medical emergency, to those affecting your entire community like a hurricane or flood.
- Identify how local authorities will notify you during a disaster and how you will get information, whether through local radio, TV or NOAA Weather Radio stations or channels.
- Know the difference between weather alerts such as watches and warnings and what actions to take in each.
- Know what actions to take to protect yourself during disasters that may occur in areas where you travel or have moved recently. For example, if you travel to a place where earthquakes are common and you are not familiar with them, make sure you know what to do to protect yourself should one occur.
- When a major disaster occurs, your community can change in an instant. Loved ones may be hurt and emergency response is likely to be delayed. Make sure that at least one member of your household is trained in first aid and CPR and knows how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED).
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water emergencies don’t have to wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Beaumont/Orange/Nederland/Lumberton provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture and more. SERVPRO of Orange/Nederland/Lumberton arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call us 24/7—(409) 212-1977
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increases dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structure rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Top Tips for Fire Safety
Did you know that if a fire starts in your home that you may have as little as two minutes to escape? During a fire, early warning and detection from a working smoke alarm plus a fire escape plan can save lives.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms every month. If they're not working, be sure to change out the batteries.
- Talk with family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
- If a fire does occur in your home, make sure to GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL FOR HELP. Never go back inside for anything or anyone.
If you need help after a home fire, your local Red Cross can assist.
Improving Air Quality
The ventilation system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality, but you can help change that! Inspecting the ductwork in your home or business should be a high priority. In most cases the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold, and irritating dust throughout your home or business. Keeping the HVAC and ductwork clean can potentially extend the lifespan of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which may help save you money. Duct cleaning may not always be necessary. SERVPRO of Beaumont/Orange/Nederland/Lumberton will inspect the ductwork and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This inspection can help save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your ductwork.
Have questions about air duct cleaning? Contact the SERVPRO of Beaumont/Orange/Nederland/Lumberton today!
SERVPRO's Duct Cleaning System:
- The air duct cleaning process begins by using patented equipment, including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct’s shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is then filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97% of the particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- An optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
For more information on duct cleaning, contact the SERVPRO of Beaumont/Orange/Nederland/Lumberton today!
Keeping Your Home Safe From Fire
Damaged kitchen due to cooking fire.
Cooking is the number one cause of home fires. Here are some steps you can take to prevent a cooking fire. Each year from 2014-2016, fire departments in the United States responded to an estimated average of 188,800 cooking fires in residential buildings.
- Remember to stay in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling or boiling food.
- If you do have to step away from the kitchen, turn off the burner.
- Keep things that can burn away from your cooking area.
- Turn pot handles toward the back of the stove so they won’t get bumped.
If disaster does strike in your home, contact the SERVPRO of Beaumont/Orange/Nederland/Lumberton today (409) 212-1977.
For more information about preventing cooking fires and other fire hazards in your home. Check out www.usfa.fema.gov
Emergency Water Damage Tips
Emergency water extraction from damaged kitchen.
- Shut off the water source, if possible or contact a qualified professional to stop the water source.
- Turn-off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Place aluminum foil or word blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Do not enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Do not use your household vacuum to remove water! This could cause electrical shock and cause damage to the vacuum.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet or enter the room where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Have questions regarding water damage? Contact the SERVPRO of Beaumont/Orange/Nederland/Lumberton today!
Fire Extinguisher Use
Fire extinguisher showing instructions on proper use.
It is important to know the locations and the type of fire extinguishers that you have in your workplace prior to using one. Make sure that you read the operating instructions and warnings found on the fire extinguisher label. Not all fire extinguishers look alike!
When it is time to use an extinguisher on a fire, just remember PASS!
Pull the pin.
Aim the nozzle or hose at the base of the fire from the recommended safe distance.
Squeeze the operating lever to discharge the fire extinguishing agent.
Sweep the nozzle or hose from side to side until the fire is out. Move forward or around the fire area as the fire diminishes. Watch the area for re-ignition.
Have extinguisher dust covering your business? SERVPRO of Beaumont/Orange/Nederland/Lumberton can help! Contact us today