National Preparedness Month 2020
Disasters Don't Wait. Make Your Plan Today.
September is National Preparedness Month. NPM is recognized each September to promote family and community disaster planning now and throughout the year. As our nation continues to respond to COVID-19, there is no better time to be involved this month.
The first week of September is all about making a plan. Be sure to talk to your friends and family about how you will communicate before, during and after a disaster. Make sure to update your plan based on the CDC recommendations due to the coronavirus.
The second week of September is focused on building a kit. Gather supplies that will last several days after a disaster for everyone living in your home. Don’t forget to consider the unique needs of each person or pet may have in case you have to evacuate quickly.
The third week of September focuses in on preparing for disasters. After Hurricane Laura, our area recognizes how important it is to prepare for a disaster. It is important to know the risk of disasters in our area and check over your insurance coverage. Learn how to make your home stronger in the face of storms and other common hazards and act fast if you receive a local warning or alert.
The last week of September is all about education. Talk to your kids about preparing for emergencies and what to do in case you are separated. Reassure them by providing information about how they can get involved.
Disasters Don’t Wait. Make Your Plan Today.
Smoke alarms save lives. Smoke alarms that are properly installed and maintained play a vital role in reducing fire deaths and injuries.
Here’s what you need to know!
- A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area. Install alarms on every level of the home.
- Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Larger homes may need extra smoke alarms.
- Be sure to test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure that the alarm is working.
- Today’s smoke alarms are more technologically advanced to respond to a multitude of fire conditions yet mitigate false alarms.
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside.
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every 10 years.
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Beaumont, 409-212-1977
Hurricane Season in Southeast Texas
The NHC is predicting rainfall along the Texas coast.
In our area, we are all constantly keeping our eye on the Gulf. We realize that at any time a tropical depression or storm system can quickly develop. This week we are keeping an eye on Tropical Depression Eight to see if it develops into a hurricane and what this can mean for Southeast Texas.
According to the National Hurricane Center, a tropical depression has wind speed less than 39 MPH. The NHC has issued some key messages regarding this depression. It is expected to strengthen and could bring tropical-storm-force winds to portions of the Texas coast. It is also expected to produce heavy rains across portions of Louisiana and Southern Texas. These rains could result in flash flooding.
Remember in the event of flooding while driving, its always best to turn around and not drown.
Stay safe Southeast Texas!
Fire Escape Plan
A home fire is reported every 88 seconds. Once the smoke alarm sounds, a fire can spread quickly, leaving only a minute or two to escape. That’s why it is so important to have a home escape plan.
Start by drawing a map for your home and follow these guidelines from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Plan two way to escape from each room
- Make sure all doors and windows leading outside open easily
- Identify secondary route—a window onto an adjacent roof or a collapsible ladder from upper-story windows
- If you live in a multi-story building, plan to use the stairs—never the elevator
- Designate an outside meeting place that is a safe distance from the house where everyone should meet
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Beaumont is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must:
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written compliant policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops the Standards for the Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. There IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned--a defensive cleaning program
Being open for business is just the beginning of our new journey forward. Employees may be hesitant to return to work and customers may wonder whether the businesses they patronize are safe. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean. Are you ready to communicate to your customers and employees that you’ve chosen a higher standard of clean for all Americans? Are you ready to be Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned?
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program that SERVPRO offers to commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 global pandemic. This is a level of clean that goes far beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning. When you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard—you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on over 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE™, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will help ensure you and your business are set up to inspire customer confidence as the economy begins to reopen.
To schedule your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation—Contact the SERVPRO of Beaumont today (409) 212-1977!
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Flood Safety Tips
Each year, more deaths occur due to flooding than any other hazard related to thunderstorms. The most common flood deaths occur when a vehicle is driven into hazardous floodwater.
Here are some steps you can take to prepare for a flood:
During a Flood Watch or Warning:
- Gather emergency supplies
- Listen to local radio or television station for updates
- Have immunization records handy (store immunization records in a waterproof container)
- Prepare an emergency food and water supply. Store at least 1 gallon of water per day for each person and each pet. It is important to store at least a 3-day supply.
- Bring in outdoor possessions (lawn furniture, grills, trash cans) or tie them down securely.
- If evacuation becomes necessary: turn off all utilities at the main power switch and close the main gas valve.
- Leave areas subject to flooding: low spots, canyons, washes, etc.
After Flooding Occurs:
- Avoid driving through flooded areas and standing water.
- Do not drink flood water or use it to wash dishes, brush teeth, or wash/prepare food.
- If you evacuated: return to your home only after local authorities to find out if your water is safe for drinking and bathing.
- When in doubt, throw it out! Throw away any food and bottled water that comes/may have come in contact with floodwater.
- Prevent carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Use generators at least 20 ft from any doors, windows, or vents.
Disaster Recovery Team
SERVPRO has answered the call to help in storm situations. We have developed a specialized storm and large response network to provide the resources needed in the event of a disaster. With an unmatched national footprint of over 1,500 franchises, SERVPRO’s Storm Response can provide trained crews faster to any disaster and can be on-site within a few hours to help reduce the future damage that water can cause. SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team has the right equipment, procedures and training to help ensure the structure is dry the first time, saving you time and money. Ultimately, our goal is to restore first and replace only when necessary and helps limit the time your property is inconvenienced. Regardless of the size of the disaster, you want results for your business or your property.
Service Response Guidelines
A refrigerator supply line busted causing water damage throughout the kitchen.
Did you know that SERVPRO has service response guidelines for water damage? We follow the guidelines 1-4-8. Our SERVPRO team realizes how important it is to be “Faster to Any Size Disaster.” Our team also emphasizes the importance of communication.
- Within ONE hour from notice of a loss, SERVPRO of Beaumont will contact you to arrange for services.
- Within FOUR hours of a loss notification, SERVPRO of Beaumont will be on-site to start mitigation services (if necessary).
- Within EIGHT hours, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to you by our SERVPRO staff.
Do you have water damage in your home or business? Contact the SERVPRO of Beaumont today— (409) 212-1977!
**Exceptions may apply under certain conditions, such as a local catastrophic event or storm situation**