Emergency Water Damage Tips
- Shut off the water source, if possible or contact a qualified professional to stop the water source.
- Turn-off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Place aluminum foil or word blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Do not enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Do not use your household vacuum to remove water! This could cause electrical shock and cause damage to the vacuum.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet or enter the room where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Have questions regarding water damage? Contact the SERVPRO of Beaumont/Orange/Nederland/Lumberton today!