What To Do Until Help Arrives- Biohazard
Biohazard contaminants, like sewer backups and flood water, can cause extensive damage to your business. SERVPRO of Beaumont has the training and equipment to effectively and safely clean up and restore your business. But it is important to know what to do and what not to do, so here are some tips on what you can do until help arrives.
Your primary focus should be safety after any biohazard contamination.
- Is it safe to stay in the building?
- Minimize exposure to biological and chemical contaminants
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
What to Do After Contamination
- Stay away from affected areas.
- Call emergency personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat ALL bodily fluids as if they are contaminants.
What Not to Do After Contamination
- Don’t use household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use appliances, televisions, or any electronics connected to potentially affected outlets.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet and keep out of areas where the ceiling is sagging.
Biohazards should be treated as an emergency and SERVPRO of Beaumont has the specific training and expertise to safely remediate these contaminants.