April showers bring May flowers! May is always a very busy month as school is coming to an end and summer is just around the corner. And before we know it we will be back to Hurricane Season!
The same is true for preparedness planning in May. The following preparedness events take place this month and offer a great chance to educate yourself!
- Wildfire Community Preparedness Day (May 5, 2018)
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week (May 6-12, 2018)
- National Dam Safety Awareness Day (May 31, 2018)
- National Building Safety Month
May also brings two weeks to show appreciation for our first responders.
- National Police Week (May 13-19, 2018)
- National Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Week (May 20-26, 2018)
Be sure to visit ready.gov for more information and resources to be prepared!