Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
In the event of a disaster, the SERVPRO of Beaumont realizes the chaos that ensues. We’re here to help with any disaster. In any water damage situation, safety should always be a top priority.
Here are a few helpful tips that will ensure you and your family’s safety:
• Is it safe to stay in the house?
• Always assess electrical and “slip and fall” hazards that may be in the home. This is one of the most predominant concerns.
• Be aware of your limitations. Our SERVPRO professionals are highly trained in water damage restoration and can safely mitigate the damages any remove any wet materials. Wet materials ultimately can be VERY heavy. We ultimately want our customers to be safe!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (409) 212-1977
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.